Marlow’s Tavern is toasting the season with six weeks of Midsummer Cocktail Party fun from Tuesday, June 23 to Monday, August 3. Guests are invited to join in the celebration with a classic cocktail party featuring handcrafted drinks, craft beers and bold South African wines. The festive beverages will be accompanied by a menu of authentic South African dishes created in partnership with 10 Degrees South and the chance to win a once-in-a-lifetime trip to Cape Town, South Africa. It’s the stuff midsummer nights’ dreams are made of.
For all of us not jetting off to Cape Town, our destination is the special food and wine menu created in partnership with 10 Degrees South, Atlanta’s culinary hotspot for South African-inspired fare. This unique collaboration between restaurants has produced a bold, authentic menu perfect for a summertime adventure and includes:
- Peri Peri Firecracker Eggs – house-made pimento cheese, smoked chili cream, applewood smoked bacon, thinly sliced biltong, fresh herbs, EVOO and peri peri firecracker sauce
- Watermelon and Buffalo Mozzarella Salad – Euro cucumber, radish, fresh mint, olive oil and balsamic glaze
- Daily Cocktail Party Flatbread – built with Marlow’s secret sauce and the best ingredients the kitchen and chef has to offer
- The Classic “Gatsby” – grilled filet mignon, leafy greens, Roma tomato, thin red onion, toasty Cuban roll, slathered with peri peri aioli, stuffed with tavern fries
- Baked Malva Cake – a traditional South African sweet treat, cream-soaked pound cake,Bailey’s Irish Cream and apricot jam served warm
Featured wines from South Africa include:
- Riebeek Creek Cellars 2013 Chenin Blanc – this season’s best from South Africa, with flavors of guava and gooseberries and tropical fruit aromas balanced with a crisp acidity
- Boschendal Chardonnay/Pinot Noir – a complex white blend with enticing creamy citrus, red apples and baked pear aroma with full, broad citrus and a tad bit of spice
- KWV Pinotage – this 2013 Pinotage is rich with plum, banana and fruit cake aromas; sweet and juicy tannins and hints of chocolate and strawberries
- Mulderbosch Faithful Hound Red Blend – a red blend with tasty varietals Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Merlot, Malbec and Petit Verdot; herbal notes and subtle sandalwood with brambleberry and plum
The Midsummer Cocktail Party menu is available daily for lunch and dinner, in addition to the main menu. Delicious beers will also be on tap, as well as three summery cocktails – Georgia Peach Lemonade, The Gin Job and a Watermelon Margarita.