1. That the combination of Spring Training baseball and incredible theme parks makes for as good a family vacation as you can have. Just got back from Orlando with my own crew where I hit up 3 Disney parks after my radio show (The Front Row 9-noon on 680 The Fan) each day, visited the mind blowing Harry Potter World at Universal and and got to hear Fredi Gonzalez tell me he digs Atlanta Eats and which episode made him try an old fave.
2. That the best way for me to get my green vegetables and fruits servings in a day is to start things off with a Smoothie every morning. The Braves nutritionist gave me his most simple and tasty super healthy version this week when he laid out this sure fire winner…… .Spinach, Pineapple, Orange Juice and Fresh vanilla yogurt……….
3. True Detective on HBO with McConaughey and Woody Harrelson takes a few episodes to get comfy with but then it simply some of the most riveting TV you can watch.
4. That Burger King compared to McDonald’s in the fast food world reminds me more and more of the Jacksonville Jaguars compared to the Patriots in the NFL. Technically you are both in the same business but one of you has been so inferior for so many years it is almost mind boggling…..Observe the classic Big Mac ad from yesteryear that still does the best job of making me hungry of almost any 30 second spot ever……
5. There is simply never a bad time for a Patty Melt……
6. The passing of actor and filmmaker Harold Ramis last week reminds us not only of his brilliance but of the fact that the original scene in Stripes where Bill Murray and company are introducing themselves to each other is one of the great comedy scenes ever………Sgt. Hulka is king
7. That C and S Seafood in………….still produces as consistent great food and top notch service as any restaurant in or outside of the Perimeter…..This is a menu that always delivers….