1) St. Cecilia, the new Ford Fry creation, is truly one of the most grand and compelling rooms Atlanta has ever seen. Not to say that Blue Pointe was not special as well, but the revamp of the Blue Pointe property from the community tables in front of the kitchen to the ultra cool living room, is special.
2) In Toronto shooting a TV show this week and I am quite sure that this is the coldest place on Earth with absolutely the nicest people. Mayor up here, now that’s a different story.
3) Varsano’s Pizzeria from Buckhead that opened in Hartsfield Jackson in Terminal A, is worth getting to the airport early for. Love that they’ve got a live piano player as well.
4) When you talk about pushing the envelope in TV, it is hard to beat what “Shameless” on Showtime has been doing for the last 4 seasons. Great to have the show back.
5) If you have not been to Foodtopia, Asheville, North Carolina for a weekend to eat and drink, then you need to put on your bucket list for 2014. Amazing local restaurants, incredible vibe, super hotels and everything a weekend getaway should be.
6) I am totally due for a trip to Greenwood’s on Green Street in Roswell. It has always been one of my favorite restaurants in the burbs and I am hankering for some meatloaf, mac n’ cheese and broccoli casserole.
(Photo courtesy of http://www.greenwoodsongreenstreet.com/)
7) I am fine with Richard Sherman’s post game rant after the Seahawks won the NFC. But taunting guys on the field after you clearly have won the battle? What does that show all the kids out there buying his jerseys, “Don’t just win but try to humiliate your opponent in the process.”?