Here are a couple of thoughts roaming around the mind of Steak Shapiro, legendary radio personality and host of Atlanta Eats.
1. The veal parmesan at Il Giallo in Sandy Springs is one of the most dangerous food items ever. No will power will prevent you from eating that bundle of goodness.
2. Baseball has never been more compelling or entertaining than this year’s playoffs, and of course the 2016 World Series.
3. Homemade tomato soup served alongside a perfectly-crafted grilled cheese sandwich is the one thing that can unite all Americans.
4. If you’re not watching this year’s version of Dwight Howard and the Atlanta Hawks, you’re missing out on one of the most fun and cool stories in recent Atlanta sports.
5. Ford Fry’s Superica restaurants in Buckhead and at Krog Street Market are serving some of the best Mexican food I’ve ever had.
6. NBC’s fall breakout hit “This is Us” might be the perfect TV show for couples to watch together since Modern Family.
7. There is no finer pickle than the ones being served at Ted’s Montana Grill. I go through four bowls before I even order.
8. Former Brave and current Cub Jason Heyward forgot how to hit a baseball.
9. The idea of eating gluten-free bread makes me very sad.
10. Noble Fin, the newest restaurant by Chef Jay Swift and his son, is going to make folks want to drive to John’s Creek to get a great meal.
Hungry for more Steak Shapiro? Be sure to watch Atlanta Eats every Saturday at 7:00 p.m. and Sunday at 10:30 a.m. on Atlanta Eats on Peachtree TV!