Steak Shapiro brings you the…
7 Things I Am Sure of This Week:
1. Just took a tour of the new Here to Serve restaurant “Smash” at Town Brookhaven and have a feeling it is going to do gangbusters over there. Legendary restauranteur Tom Catherall described it as a “Modern Day Chophouse” with a menu that’s filled with a mix of burgers, flatbreads, ribs, grilled fish and tasty steaks. The bar has a Houston’s look about it with just more TV’s. I would argue that for date night a stop at CineBistro next door for a flick followed by a half block walk down to “Smash” would make for an ideal evening.
2. If you are not watching Jon Voight in “Ray Donovan” on Showtime this season you are missing one of the great characters in recent TV history.
3. Beautiful Fall day, no better spot to have a drink and enjoy the vibe than the deck at Barcelona in Inman Park, check out out great piece on them from this week’s show.
4. Mirko Pasta, the group of Italian restaurants that started in Athens some years ago, is a perfect family spot when you want something casual and affordable with the family and home-made pasta still matters to you. Not sure if all of them do it, but the Buckhead location does “get a bottle of wine for the price of a glass” on Mondays and let’s just say it is sending a lot of Buckhead Mommy’s home happy.
5. Nobody is serving up better sushi in town than Umi, next to Chops and Lobster Bar in Buckhead. The quality is unmatched just be ready to dive deep into the wallet for an old school Buckhead night out.
6. A fresh copy of the AJC or the Wall Street Journal accompanied by a make your own skillet from J. Christopher’s is a super way to start your morning.
7. Downtown for a Falcons game this year, perhaps the most under-rated great pizza in town is coming out of Max’s Coal Oven Pizza right smack on Marietta Street next to STATS. Park across the street, grab a beer and a couple of pies and walk your way to the Dome, makes for the perfect pre game.