Steak Shapiro brings you the…
7 Things I Am Sure of This Week:
1. OK Cafe for breakfast on a weekday morning is one of the best people watching settings if you want to see all walks of Atlanta business in action……CEO’s sitting next to construction workers alongside the authentic Southern breakfast.
2. The Ponce City Market will be one of the most exciting things to happen to Atlanta in years, get ready for a swell of National exposure that will blow you away.
3. If there is a cleaner and more friendly city on the planet than Toronto, Canada I have not been there. Took my first trip there this week for 24 hours and was blown away by the awesome food and drink scene, incredibly beautiful streets and the folks that lived there were as friendly as any locals I have ever come across.
4. Not only are the restaurants in this town going to have a Fall to remember but the sports bars will do some all time business with the Falcons, Georgia and the Braves all fielding teams that have a real, and this is no joke, big time chance to win a championship. Stats, Dantanna’s, Marlow’s, Taco Mac should all expect big 4th quarters.
5. Speaking of a great place to watch a game, new spot I am really digging for football season from the owners of C & S Seafood, Hugo’s in Roswell. Fresh oysters, cold beer and outstanding TV set up, worth the trip to Roswell.
6. The scene Outside the Perimeter keeps getting hotter and hotter. Restaurants owners and chefs have figured out that if you build it they will come. All kind of great spots happening in the burbs, just shot a 3rd season segment at The Georgia Pine, Lawrenceville and can tell you it is as refreshing as anything going on in town. Also check out the segment from Season 1 we did on Local Republic, Lawrencville, the same owners of Georgia Pine, local food, local farms, always worth rooting for.
7. You want an tremendous call for Sunday Brunch, Local 3 on West Paces at 75. The most impressive looking kitchen in Atlanta literally opens their doors and lets you grab your plate and walk through the kitchen to watch them make and then serve you some of the tastiest variations on Southern cooking you’ll see. Texas Caviar Salad and Pulled Pork Mac n Cheese part of what makes this place special.