Do you love a good meal, and are you passionate about the Atlanta restaurant scene? Are you ready to “sink your teeth” (pun intended) into a once in a lifetime opportunity to intern for Atlanta Eats, a fun, cool and unique multi-media start up? If so, you’re in the right place! As part of the Atlanta Eats internship program, you’ll receive legitimate hands-on experience in all areas of the business. Atlanta Eats interns will be willing to work their “tail” off — we’re looking for hungry, creative, resourceful, detail-oriented and organized folks as they will be tasked with helping build the Atlanta Eats brand, which exists to promote dining out and all types of restaurants in Atlanta.
Things to Think About:
- When you are asked to walk a mile, you run two. You don’t need someone to motivate you, you have the fire inside you to be successful — and that’s all you need.
- In one word, you’re a winner, and have the accomplishments to show for it. Whether you were a solid basketball player in high school or the leader of your sorority or fraternity in college, you’re hungry for more and ultimately looking to climb the ranks professionally.
- You cross your t’s and dot your i’s. As a start up, there’s going to be more to do than you have time for in the day. Flawless execution is a commodity and expected, and follow up and follow through is required.
- You have more than 5,000 followers on Instagram. Just kidding, but you’ve got to be a social connector and passionate about social media, both personally and for brands.
- You love to eat! We are Atlanta Eats…
Here’s the scoop. You’ll be doing the following:
- Acting as the point of contact with local restaurant partners that are featured on Atlanta Eats. Responsibilities include coordinating social media efforts, contests, soliciting feedback, etc.
- Responsible for coordinating on-going marketing & PR efforts, including TV appearances, event marketing/festivals, print marketing deadlines, etc.
- Helping with social media efforts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube that follow a strategic editorial calendar, monitor all feeds and respond when appropriate, research, identify and contact influencers in the restaurant space across channels, etc.
- Assisting with general office duties including answering phones, participating in meetings/brainstorms, processing paperwork, conducting research, prize fulfillment, etc.
Other Things to Think About:
- School credit is preferred but not a requirement
- The position will require work on nights and weekends
- You must have a passion for food and like trying new restaurants/dishes
- Internship will be expected to work Monday – Friday, potentially some weekend or night for special events. Compensation is paid on a hourly basis.
Winter / Spring Internships are offered on a rolling basis as available, and require a minimum amount of 16-24 hours in office per week.
Summer internships will be offered based on the following schedule:
Applications accepted: Up until April 15th
Interviews & offer period: April 15th – April 30th
Internship period: 10 – 12 weeks between May – August
Sounds awesome! Now what?
- To apply, send in a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org showcasing your writing skills, personality, fit for the job, and which internship you’re applying for (Winter, Summer, etc)
- We’ll also need your resume and any other materials to showcase your skill set, such as a portfolio
Good luck and stay hungry!