Having studied marketing for the better part of twenty five years, I have learned that the words FREE, ZERO, and SALE are some of the most powerful to get us as consumers to take action. With the rising costs of dining out, wouldn’t it be great to be able to take the family out without breaking the budget. One way to dine well in Atlanta and keep a few dollars in your wallet is to scour the area you live in for Kids Eat Free deals. While these deals are typically for kids under 12 (or 10 some cases), you can get these savings from local establishment to really large chains across America. Here are ten to check out in the ATL.
- South City Kitchen-(Vinings) You better get here promptly at dinner time because Sunday through Thursday kids under 12 eat free from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. when an adult entrée is purchased. Some of the best Southern food in the city! (www.vinings.southcitykitchen.com)
- The Drafting Table-(Decatur) Monday night is a great night to step and take the kids out to the drafting table from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. where kids eat free when you purchase a meal for yourself. Try the tree hugger burger if you get a chance! (www.thedraftingtable.net)
- Hudson Grille-(several locations) At this sports bar type atmosphere, kids eat free every day of the week when accompanied by an adult meal. You can get burgers and salads and much more at the Hudson Grille. (www.hudsongrille.com)
- Five Seasons Brewing Co.-(Sandy Springs and Alpharetta) Why not see Sunday Night Football with a mug of beer and some great food. Kids eat free all day with an adult entrée at Five Seasons. The burgers are fantastic at Five Seasons and definitely get the pretzel appetizer! (www.5seasonsbrewing.com)
- Bone Lick BBQ– (West Midtown) Bring the kids for a legendary pulled pork sammy (and maybe even some comedy) on Wednesday nights from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. when kids eat free 10 and under (www.bonelickbarbecue.com)
- Aja (Buckhead) – If Sushi or some Kung Pao Chicken are up your alley, then Sundays and Mondays from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. at Aja might be a good place to stop for dinner. Kids eat free when you buy your meal and the menu really packs a punch. (www.h2sr.com/aja/)
- Stella’s Neighborhood Grill (Austell) When your kids get a good report card in South Cobb, that’s the time to hit Stella’s Neighborhood Grill. Go for the bourbon chicken because when you purchase your meal your kids will eat free at Stella’s (www.stellasgrill.com)
- West Midtown Corner Tavern (Several Locations) I’m not sure that I could knock down too many $3.50 Fireball Whiskey shots, but Tuesday from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. is the time to have your kids eat free when you enjoy dinner. Try the Salmon B.L.T. from the sandwich menu. (www.thecornertavern.com)
- CANS Taqueria (Milton) If you like Ceviche, then this is a great place to go Sunday through Thursday where kids 12 and under eat free when you dine. There is a great bar and atmosphere at CANS. This is one of the best deals around in the Alpharetta area. (www.canstaqueria.com)
- Redneck Gourmet (Newnan) – It’s been around for more than 20 years, and on Monday nights from 5:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. you can pick up a kids eat free for kids 12 and under when you eat dinner as well. What could possibly be more epic than a Redneck burger on a Monday night (with a fried green tomato on it!). (www.redneckgourmet.com)
There are certainly many other options in Atlanta including the Atlanta Bread Company, The Flying Biscuit Café, and much more. Let’s face it, Ford Fry won’t even buy you dessert on your birthday as his restaurants. Before you go out for your next family meal, consider improving your bottom line by trying one of these joints. If you save every dollar from kids eat free and put it in the college fund, you might just be able to save enough to pay for a full tuition down the road.
Ted Jenkin, CFP® is co-CEO of oXYGen Financial and is a top ranked personal finance blogger (www.yoursmartmoneymoves.com). He is a regular contributor to Investment News, The Wall Street Journal, and The Atlanta Journal Constitution.
TED JENKIN IS SECURITIES LICENSED THROUGH INVESTACORP, INC. A REGISTERED BROKER/DEALER MEMBER FINRA, SIPC. ADVISORY SERVICES OFFERED THROUGH INVESTACORP ADVISORY SERVICES, INC. A SEC REGISTERED INVESTMENT ADVISORY FIRM. Linked sites are strictly provided as a courtesy. Investacorp, Inc., and its affiliates, do not guarantee, approve nor endorse the information or products available at these sites nor do links indicate any association with or endorsement of the linked sites by Investacorp, Inc. and its affiliates.
For more restaurants in Atlanta, click here.