Atlanta Eats recently shot a segment for an upcoming episode with our own Steak Shapiro and Tournament Director of the BB&T Atlanta tournament, Eddie Gonzalez. The Tournament has amazing food options from local Atlanta vendors, so you can experience pro tennis and professional chefs all in one place. For more information and to purchase tickets, go to bbtatlantaopen.com.
1. This is the second year of the partnership between The Giving Kitchen and the BB&T Atlanta Open. How is the partnership growing this year?
We have even more of Atlanta’s top restaurants and chefs a part of our BBTAO this year, truly making our tennis event more of a “foodie” experience as well.
2. How does this partnership help The Giving Kitchen realize its goals/mission?
We help build the awareness of GK mission to service those in the restaurant industry who come across hard times via our BBTAO and all of our marketing resources.
3. What are some of the food/dining options people can expect at BB&T Atlanta Open this year?
Just like Atlanta being such an international city, and tennis being an international sport, there are a perfect mix of restaurants representing a variety of international cuisine from Korean, to Brazilian, to Japanese, to American farm to table.
4. Are there ways to support this partnership and The Giving Kitchen outside of the BB&T Atlanta Open?
Yes, foodies and tennis fans can join together to attend our “Serving It Up” charity kick-off gala on Sat , July 21st to benefit GK with a 5-course dining experience that also includes a post- gala concert featuring Home Free! Tickets at bbtatlantaopen.com.
5. What are you most excited about eating at this year’s tournament?
Will have to wait to answer this question AFTER our BBTAO when I have hopefully been able to sample a different restaurant partner each day!