Our Director of Digital Carbs, Jorge, is missing traveling to the low country this time of year. So, to bring the low country home to him and make it a dinner for two, he’s been creating super simple Low Country Boil packets in aluminum foil! Check out how he puts his together and try it at home! Full recipe below – subscribe to our YouTube channel for more recipes, where we’ll be posting a Cooking From Home episode every week!
LOW COUNTRY BOIL
Prep Time – 30 minutes
Cook time – 10 minutes
Total Time – 40 minutes
Servings – For Two Adults
- 1 ear of corn
- 4-5 baby red potatoes
- 1 finger length Andouille Sausage
- 10 shrimp
- 2-3 tsp of Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tbsp butter – oil + ziplock bag
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees Farenheit.
2. Cut ear of corn into small circles and quarter baby red potatoes.
4. Boil corn and potatoes for 10 minutes in a pot of salted boiling water.
5. Slice andouille sausage at an angle.
6. Peel and de-vein shrimp if needed.
7. Place cooked corn & potatoes, sausage and shrimp into ziploc bag with 1 tbsp oil and old bay seasoning, then shake vigorously
9. Create square packets using aluminum foil. Empty bag contents equally into two square packets
10. Add 1/2 tbsp butter to each packet.
11. Cook for 8 minutes in oven on baking sheet. While packets cook, chop 1 small bunch of parsley
13. After 8 minutes, set oven to broil, cook for 2 more minutes
14. Top with parsley and enjoy!