7 Things I am Sure About: Season 4 Premier Edition
1. That the tastiest collared greens I may have possibly ever eaten can be found at the new BBQ joint on Roswell Road near Chastain, Greater Good BBQ. Get ready for a delicious spicy kick which will have you guessing what is exactly in there. You’ll find out their secrets when we feature Greater Good on the show during Season 4.
2. That nobody loves being The Cake Boss more than the Cake Boss as you will see when I visit his brand new restaurant in Vegas, Buddy V’s during the premier of Atlanta Eats Season 4 /On the Road. After watching the 6 minute segment you will get a great sense why Buddy connects with most of America. and probably find yourself thinking about meatballs and spaghetti for dinner.
3. That there is absolutely nothing wrong with staying in Downtown LA if you are hoping for some great meals. Just spent 3 weeks there filming my new Food Network show and had 4-6 great meals within walking distance of the hotel……..everything from out of this park seafood at the Water Grille to the insanely popular Bottega Louie’s for pizzas, pastas and small plates or the old school favorite LA deli Langers with pastrami that has relocated New Yorkers weeping.
4.That Braves fans are going to be saying that every dime they are paying Freddie Freeman this year and moving forward is well worth it while saying quite the opposite when considering BJ Upton.
5. That a trip to the Buckhead Diner on a Sunday afternoon with the family for some cornbread rolls, chips with bleu cheese and veal meatloaf may not be great for the waistline but will be just perfect for your soul…..
6. That the definition of paradise for a sports fan is undoubtedly Emeril LaGasse’s Stadium at the Venetian Hotel in Las Vegas also featured in this week’s season premier of Atlanta Eats. How about chicken wings and quesadillas on steroids, Emeril’s signature barbecued shrimp right out of his New Orleans restaurants and a real live sports book to wager on games with. Throw in massive desserts, the biggest TV’s you ever cozied up to and oh yeah, they got black jack tables and craps games happening all around you..
7. That the dining scene in College Park is hot and only getting more el fuego. Cozy restaurants with incredible bbq, seafood and Southern specialties made our trip there for Season 4 to cover The Pecan and Corner Grille a no brainer. I love watching a community like this really separate themselves with their own identity and only two blocks away from the 2nd biggest convention center in our city means more biz is on the way.