It’s S’mores season and we’ve got the perfect Old Fashioned Cocktail for you made with Bottled-in-Bond Bourbon Whiskey from Old Fourth Distillery in Atlanta, GA. With the changing of seasons from summer to fall comes a rise in bonfires and firepits – and the gooey goodness of a s’more. Our resident mixologist Phil Armijo has put together a delicious cocktail for host Julie Smith to try, all while learning a little bit about the history of the marshmallow and how to make a roasted marshmallow simple syrup for cocktails, desserts or anything else you want to put the sticky stuff on this time of year.
- 2 oz Old Fourth Distillery Bottled-in-Bond Bourbon Whiskey
- 6 drops Woodford Reserve Chocolate Bitters
- Raw Sugar
- Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1 oz homemade toasted marshmallow syrup (2 cups of toasted marshmallows, 1 cup of granulated sugar, 1 cup of water)
- 1 oz heavy whipping cream
- Toasted Marshmallows for garnish
- First, create your toasted marshmallow simple syrup. To do so, add 2 cups of toasted marshmallows into pan on medium heat.
- Add 1 cup of granulated sugar and 1 cup of water to mixture.
- Stir constantly until fully marshmallows are melted, then strain into a glass.
- Mix raw sugar and graham cracker crumbs together.
- Rim glass with raw sugar and graham cracker mixture.
- Add 1 oz of homemade toasted marshmallow syrup.
- Add 6 drops of Woodford Reserve chocolate bitters. Stir.
- Add a cup of ice into your cocktail and 2 oz of Old Fourth Distillery Bottled-in-Bond Bourbon Whiskey.
- Add 1 oz heavy whipping cream.
- Top with more toasted marshmallows for garnish.