1. The person that came up with putting loyal customers caricature on the wall at The Palm restaurants fifty years ago is a marketing genius. Date night, serious client entertaining , night out with the family, what man or woman doesn’t want to go somewhere where they not only know your name but have your face on the wall so you can feel like a “big shot”.
2. I just tried the much talked about “Greater Good BBQ” restaurant on Roswell Road next to La Fonda and Fellini’s and from the same owners. The place was simply outstanding and served up the finest baby back ribs I have had in awhile.
3. The Chik-Fil-A Bowl was about as entertaining a football game as you could ever watch. Johnny Manziel ended his college football career the way Ted Williams did his baseball one, with a home run! Check out one of the greatest college football plays by a quarterback ever.
4. I don’t think I have ever seen more people waiting to eat at a restaurant than at the World Famous “Red Bar” down on the Panhandle this past holiday week.
5. Don’t get me wrong, I was thoroughly entertained by the film but someone needs to try to hint to Martin Scorsese that his films could all be about 30 minutes shorter. The incredibly racy “Wolf of Wall Street” is another example. By the way most F words in film history with 506, officially a new record.
6. I have recently rediscovered my love of Froot Loops and Apple Jacks and am damn proud of it.
7. There is much to be said about a classic Pearl hot dog served in a toasted bun with the right amount of ketchup, hot dog relish and mustard, don’t have to wait for the summer to indulge……