Whether you’re staying in at home or you booked your reservation weeks ago, lots of folks have plans centered on a great meal this Valentine’s Day. We checked in with our Atlanta Eats hosts – Steak Shapiro, Julie Smith and Mara Davis – to hear about some of their favorite, love-filled meals.
Mara Davis (@maradavis2000)
A perfect Valentine’s Day meal? Home cooked! Ina Garten even has a recipe for “engagement chicken”. Rumor has it Meghan Markle made it for Prince Harry prior to their getting engaged. A good roast chicken is SEXY. Get the recipe here.
Another idea would be fabulous fresh pasta from Storico Fresco, it’s definitely the best in town. Finish your meal with a decadent desert from Alon’s Bakery. You can’t go wrong with their classic Midnight Cake or chocolate chip cookies. Enjoy!
Julie Smith (@juliesmithcbs46)
Over the years, on Valentine’s Day.. if I was single, then the meal was usually with girlfriends (my GALentines) or in my sweats at home and and when I was dating someone or just one a date… if it involves a meal, it was nice and everything but nothing extraordinary. So my BEST Valentine’s meal in comparison I’d say was one year when I came home from college and Mom was so excited to cook whatever I wanted which was her garlic chicken with mashed potatoes and broccoli and she’d STILL give me and my brother a box of chocolates. She loved doing it so much that it makes those the best meals.
Steak Shapiro (@steakshapiro)
My idea of a great Valentine’s day is to meet my wife early in the evening on one night during Valentine’s week and not worry about reservations and sitting down at a table and all that. We meet at 5:30 and camp out at the bar and share a bunch of appetizers and a dish at places like:
- Chops Lobster Bar – one of the sexiest rooms in the city
- Umi – the best sushi plain and simple….might be expensive but worth it.
- La Tavola – One of the great neighborhood Italian restaurants around.
- Ecco – Can’t go wrong with great glasses of wine and super sexy food either in Midtown or new Buckhead location.
- Le Bilboquet – Bottle of bubbly, classic French cuisine, can’t go wrong.
- Waffle House– love the tablecloths and candlelit service to celebrate Atlanta.