There are plenty of places to eat in Downtown Atlanta serving a variety of food & drink. You can find a spot with burgers & wings, bars to grab a beer or two at & yes… even places offering some healthier options. I’m sharing my picks for awesome places to eat all in the downtown Atlanta area. Get ready to be hungry!
1. Alma Cocina (191 Peachtree St. NW; 404-968-9662)
I love the unique tequila selections & the on-the-money margaritas, but it’s the memorable & unique interpretations of classic Mexican fare that have you wondering, “how long has downtown had food this tasty?”
2. Dantanna’s (One CNN Center #269; 404-522-8873)
This may be the closest restaurant to the Dome, but it’s nothing even close to generic sports bar food. The upscale sports restaurant features dark wood, lots of flat screens for great game viewing & large private booths. I love the “Freuben” sandwich, delicious steaks & She Crab soup.
3. Der Biergarten (300 Marietta Street NW; 404-521-2728)
Yes, it’s Atlanta’s only downtown German Beer Garden, & it really delivers. The brats are killer, the beer is crisp & the patio makes for tremendous people watching before the game.
4. Max’s Coal Oven Pizza (300 Marietta St. NW; 404-974-2941)
Sit out on Marietta Street & eat some superb pie that comes out of a classic Italian brick oven. The meatball subs & fried green tomatoes are as good as you’ll find anywhere in the city.
5. Meehan’s Public House Downtown (200 Peachtree St.; 404-214-9821)
Chef Brian O’Rourke makes delicious things happen with shepherd’s pie, fish and chips & killer burgers. This is a place that knows what a cold beer should taste like.
Photo credit: Ruth’s Chris Facebook
6. Ruth’s Chris Steak House (267 Marietta St./Embassy Suites Centennial Olympic Park; 404-223-6500)
Time to impress some big-wig clients with mouth watering steaks, New Orleans style sides & a classic martini. Grab a seat on my favorite patio to check out Centennial Olympic Park & watch the madness.
7. Taco Mac (100 Techwood Dr., 404-835-1192)
This spot offers a beer selection kissed by the gods, which all pair well with as many classic Taco Mac wings as you can woof down. We can smell the testosterone already.
8. Ted’s Montana Grill (133 Luckie Street NW; 404-521-9796)
Start with the pickles, throw down an awesome bison burger, & close things out with the heated chocolate chip cookie…you can’t go wrong. Bar seating beats the wait.
9. Twin Smokers (300 Marietta St. NW, Atlanta, Georgia 30313; 404-698-4707)
You’re in for some trouble at Twin Smokers — double trouble that is. This BBQ masterpiece is known for out-of-control brisket, mac n’ cheese, pulled pork & even their Bourbon Vanilla Milkshake (aka the “double trouble”). Go here for great grub all around…it’s the perfect spot before the big game.
10. Budi’s Sushi (349 Decatur St SE, Atlanta, GA 30312)
Two words: sushi pyramid! Their Indonesian menu items are also flavorful and delicious.
11. Big Dave’s Cheesesteaks (57 Forsyth St NW Suite 63, Atlanta, GA 30303)
You have to taste this cheesesteak to believe it! Expertly seasoned meat, mouthwatering cheese, and served on the tastiest of breads to complement it.
12. Dos Bocas (275 Baker St NW, Atlanta, GA 30313)
Mexican food? Cajun food? At Dos Bocas, you don’t have to decide. They’re serving the best of both worlds! Try the Napoleon Avenue New Orleans style shrimp.
Want more restaurant inspiration? Check out more spots around Atlanta here. Be sure to catch Atlanta Eats on Peachtree TV on Saturdays at 7 p.m & Sunday mornings at 10:30 a.m.!