There are plenty of places to eat in Downtown Atlanta serving a variety of food & drink. You can find a spot with burgers & wings, bars to grab a beer or two at & yes… even places offering some healthier options. I’m sharing my picks for awesome places to eat all in the downtown Atlanta area. Get ready to be hungry!
1. Alma Cocina (191 Peachtree St. NW; 404-968-9662)
I love the unique tequila selections & the on-the-money margaritas, but it’s the memorable & unique interpretations of classic Mexican fare that have you wondering, “how long has downtown had food this tasty?”
2. STATS Brewpub (300 Marietta St; 404-885-1472)
I’m a simple man. I love sports and I love sports bars. STATS makes me a happy man, with TVs all over the place along with killer wings, monstrous nachos, and a burger that does it just right. Stop by to grab a drink or meal before you go to a Hawks or Falcons game, or stay there and watch.
3. Der Biergarten (300 Marietta Street NW; 404-521-2728)
Yes, it’s Atlanta’s only downtown German Beer Garden, & it really delivers. The brats are killer, the beer is crisp & the patio makes for tremendous people watching before the game.
4. Max’s Coal Oven Pizza (300 Marietta St. NW; 404-974-2941)
Sit out on Marietta Street & eat some superb pie that comes out of a classic Italian brick oven. The meatball subs & fried green tomatoes are as good as you’ll find anywhere in the city.
5. Meehan’s Public House Downtown (200 Peachtree St.; 404-214-9821)
Chef Brian O’Rourke makes delicious things happen with shepherd’s pie, fish and chips & killer burgers. This is a place that knows what a cold beer should taste like.
Photo credit: Ruth’s Chris Facebook
6. Ruth’s Chris Steak House (267 Marietta St./Embassy Suites Centennial Olympic Park; 404-223-6500)
Time to impress some big-wig clients with mouth watering steaks, New Orleans style sides & a classic martini. Grab a seat on my favorite patio to check out Centennial Olympic Park & watch the madness.
7. Amalfi Cucina + Mercato (17 Andrew Young International Blvd; 404-228-7528)
When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie…that’s Amalfi. Card-carrying members of the classy Red Phone Booth know this place is the real deal, but anybody can visit this spot and get some of the best pizza and drinks in town.
8. Ted’s Montana Grill (133 Luckie Street NW; 404-521-9796)
Start with the pickles, throw down an awesome bison burger, & close things out with the heated chocolate chip cookie…you can’t go wrong. Bar seating beats the wait.
9. Budi’s Sushi (349 Decatur St SE, Atlanta, GA 30312)
Two words: sushi pyramid! Their Indonesian menu items are also flavorful and delicious.
10. Big Dave’s Cheesesteaks (57 Forsyth St NW Suite 63, Atlanta, GA 30303)
You have to taste this cheesesteak to believe it! Expertly seasoned meat, mouthwatering cheese, and served on the tastiest of breads to complement it.
11. Dos Bocas (275 Baker St NW, Atlanta, GA 30313)
Mexican food? Cajun food? At Dos Bocas, you don’t have to decide. They’re serving the best of both worlds! Try the Napoleon Avenue New Orleans style shrimp.
12. Twin Smokers BBQ (300 Marietta St NW suite 104, Atlanta, GA 30313)
There’s nothing the South loves quite like football and BBQ. You get the best of both worlds at Twin Smokers, finally back open after shutting down for the pandemic. Not only is the space huge, but the location can’t be topped, a quick walk from State Farm Arena and Mercedes Benz Stadium. Add in some brisket, ribs, and bourbon, and you’ll be a very happy camper.
Want more restaurant inspiration? Check out more spots around Atlanta here. Be sure to catch Atlanta Eats on Peachtree TV on Saturdays at 7 p.m & Sunday mornings at 10:30 a.m.!